For a startup video, it’s a good idea to start with a 60 second segment to give yourself a general idea of the process and what kind of videos you like to produce. But once you start planning for the 60 second video, perhaps there’s too much time left over than you expected. So how can you use up 60 seconds to your total advantage? Here are some ways to help you use 60 seconds of video.
- Propose a question to the audience and then answer it (relating to your product or video would be a wise idea, but a general questions could also work). This way you set up an interesting introduction and also create a connection with your audience. You can ask several questions, and it’s up to you if you want to turn it into a total FAQ session.
- Redefine and explain. Sometimes when you’re going over a new product, it’s helpful to repeat the concept again using different diction or tone, so that the audience is certain to get the message into their head.
- Talk about your company a little bit. Your animated web video might just be about a certain product, but you can still mention your business, like your specialty, location, motto, etc.
- Explain step by step how to instructions, using clear language and good visuals. The combination of the two will reach out to the audience, showing them how simple and how realistic your product or idea is.
- A clear demonstration for your product demo video, if necessary. For example, 360° rotation of the product.
- Brief overview of all the important details and main points covered in the web video. It helps to keep the key concepts in the audience’s mind at the end of the clip so they will definitely remember those points. This can be done as a simple check-list at the end, just going through the points in a rough overview.
- Mention your contact info, including social networking sites. Don’t forget to include your Facebook or Twitter account, so that users are able to connect with you in their social networks. And also include easy click-able links in the description of your video to make it easy for users to find you!
- Share any previous feedback or questions regarding your product or business, and clear the air of any confusion or just share a few happy testimonials from old clients.
Of course, you can’t use all of these in just 60 seconds, but you can try a few together and see what you’ll come up with. The best startup videos are able to cover a range of different topics and ideas to really give the audience a good idea of how the product works and how they can use it.
It’s important to be clear and concise! Don’t overwhelm the audience with too much information, try to the find the right balance and make sure you include everything important regarding the product or idea.
Creating a web video animation is a fun, creative project, and it should also be professional. Use your 60 seconds wisely and see what you can come up with for your own startup video.