Seven Reasons why Web Video for Businesses Rock!
If you are a business owner reading this, then it is time to consider advertising using a web video for business to get your message out to the world. In 2011 a trillion videos were viewed on YouTube. In 2012 that number is expected to rise and your promotional video or animation should be online on YouTube as well.
There are a lot of benefits to having a video, or several videos, posted online to promote your business, especially small business.
1. Videos can be an excellent SEO tool that helps raise your ranking in the Google search pages. The YouTube bots and spiders operate in the same way as the Google ones that crawl website text. Once your website is posted, your analyze your content both within the video and in your titles and your 5000 character description. If your content is well-targeted your video could end up in the first few pages of the Google search engine on You Tube and bring you tons of traffic.
2. We live in an age where people are a bit “trapped in visual space” and tend to be less literate. You can reach that audience that does not have the time to read or is incapable of reading your carefully contrived landing page. Immediate gratification is where it’s at when it comes to surfing the web and if you have a video that makes people laugh or that has an important social message it can be bookmarked and shared on all the social networking sites across the web.
3. You can reach a global audience if you have just the right video. Sometimes pictures really do speak louder than words especially if you have just the right clever concept that can compel them to click on the link you have added so that people can surf right to your website.
4. You can make money with your video by putting a pay-per-click ad for other related products on your video which could be instructional or entertaining. This is called monetizing your web-video. If your video is nifty enough or getting a lot of hits as soon as you upload you might be approached by an advertiser who will ask to put an ad in front of your presentation.
5. You can make a video and post it a lot quicker than you can post articles that have keywords in them. This is especially true if you have hired a professional team to put a video together for you. As Google owns YouTube, the results of what they find are posted quite fast in their search engine pages and sometimes about three months faster than the results they crawl for when analyzing text on a typical web page.
6. If you own a restaurant or a store you can use video to describe your services, showcase the food or even provide a how-to video on how to use the things you sell. This is a lot more efficient than trying to write cleverly about what you sell.
7. Finally if there is one big way that a small business can fight back against the million dollar video commercials and impersonal approach of big business and store chains it is with the video. If your animation is warm, funny and home-spun then people will connect with you and want to buy from you.
The art behind video on YouTube and other video submission sites is the ability to be able to connect to your viewers so that they like you feel familiar with you and trust them. A big corporation only offers a cold manipulative experience in this medium but as a small business you can make them feel like you “know what they are thinking” and thus draw yourself a crowd of devoted customers. Get a web video for business today and start increasing your sales!